Make a 2D Tactical Top-Down Shooter with Godot Engine
In this course you will learn how to create a 2D tactical top-down shooter with the Godot game engine.
You will learn how to:
* create a game world with tilesets and collisions
* create a 2D top-down player controller
* set up multiple dynamic animations for the player and enemy
* make multiple weapons the OOP (object-oriented programming) way
* code a state machine for enemies with basic AI
* make three levels in which videos we will talk about design and enemy placement
* code a scene switcher to allow progress between levels
* make health and ammo pickups
* add music and sound effects to the game
* create basic GUI and menus
* export your game to multiple platforms
Although this course requires basic programming logic, please feel free to reach out to me for help. There are many other free online tutorials on learning programming logic. Godot also has great documentation that goes into best practices with gdscript and project setup.
This course is perfect for somehow who is curious about creating games with the Godot game engine, or just wants to learn more about how to create top-down shooters with the Godot game engine. I try and follow Godot's best practices and other best practices I have learned through my years of programming. I talk briefly in some videos about these practices, like how to implement X in a clean, effective OOP way.
You'll get access to all lessons (3hrs and 15mins) in .mp4 file format (1080p)